The 88th Texas Legislative session has come and gone, delivering important legislative victories in the five key areas Teaching Hospitals of Texas entered the session focused on:
- Growing and supporting the health care workforce.
- Preserving Medicaid and trauma funding.
- Enhancing access to care.
- Strengthening behavioral health services and access.
- Protecting health care systems’ ability to meet community needs.
THOT remains dedicated to advocating for Texas’ health care system and its health care workforce, working with its members and lawmakers to create solutions to the complex health care challenges facing Texas hospitals.