THOT Members have one set shared mission based on three shared commitments:
- Supporting access to care for all in our communities with a special focus on vulnerable populations
- Providing and coordinating essential community health systems, such as trauma and disaster management
- Preparing for the future by training tomorrow’s healthcare providers and supporting health research and healthcare transformation
THOT Members are Essential Hospitals: they serve an essential role in Texas and in the communities they serve. Without our hospitals, many Texans and their communities would face severely limited access to essential services: routine care; specialty care; lifesaving services, such as trauma care and disaster response; health workforce training; the broader Texas health system sustained in part with the financing our members contribute. That’s essentially who we are.
THOT Members do this and more through the following programs and services. Click on each to learn more:
- GME and Research
- Medicaid Financing
- Renew Waiver
- Value Based Care
- Texas Style Coverage
- Outpatient Care
- Hospital Coding Coalition
- Federal Health Care Reform: see our member communication from June 2017 by clicking here.
Click here to learn more about the financing that supports all of this.
The 85th Texas Legislative Session was a busy one for the health care industry. Teaching Hospitals of Texas and our Government Relations colleagues, consultants and team were busy on core areas uniquely affecting THOT members. Review the THOT’s 85th in our For the Record document by clicking here.
Regulatory and Agency Hearings
Get a quick view of some of the regulatory and agency meetings going on in Austin. Click here.
THOT manages a number of key member work groups to obtain input and develop ideas and strategies on issues important to THOT members. Click here to visit Work Groups.