January 9, 2017 – HHSC will send the applications to providers. HHSC Rate Analysis must receive a completed application no later than 30 calendar days from this date unless an extension is requested and granted. HHSC Rate Analysis will extend this deadline provided that HHSC receives a written request for the extension to the UC tools mailbox.
In accordance with Texas Administrative Code §355.8066(e), the application will be prepopulated with certain Medicaid data and hospital cost report data. You may request that HHSC review any data in your DSH or non-DSH application that is pre-populated by HHSC. If you wish to appeal the data you must submit a written request for review and all supporting documentation to HHSC and TMHP within 30 days following the distribution of the pre-populated application by HHSC. The request must allege the specific data omissions or errors that, if corrected, would result in a more accurate HSL.
Starting this year (Program Year 2017), hospitals should review all of the claims and encounter data for DSH/UC 2017 and submit all claim and encounter appeals during this formal appeal period including paid, adjusted or denied claim and encounters. Please do not wait to attempt to submit an informal claim or encounter appeal for DSH/UC 2017 data until the DSH examination or UC reconciliation by M&S.
January 10, 2017, 1:30-3:00 pm – 2017 DSH/UC Webinar for completing the application and methodology changes for 2017 DSH and DY 6 UC. Providers may register for the webinar at the following link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6705165332820419075
January 27, 2017 – DY 6 UC Advance Payment IGT Notification
- 12/28/16 – Deadline to submit new affiliation agreements for DY 6 advance UC payment
- 2/2/17 – IGT Settlement Date
- 2/28/17 (at the latest) – All providers paid
February 3, 2017 – Deadline for providers to request a 15 day extension to submit their application. Extensions are only granted for application submissions and not appeal submissions.
February 10, 2017 –
- Deadline for Medicaid data appeal submissions to TMHP/HHSC.
- Deadline for providers to request a 15 day extension to submit their application. Extensions are only granted for application submissions and not appeal submissions.
- Application due date for providers who do not request extensions.
February 24, 2017 – Deadline for application submissions for providers who requested an extension.
- 2/24/17 is also the IGT notification date for the 3rd 2017 DSH advance payment
- 3/3/17 – IGT Settlement data for 3rd 2017 DSH advance payment
- 3/31/17 (at the latest) – Providers paid for 2017 DSH advance payment
February 10 – April 14, 2017 – HHSC will correspond with providers and review/finalize applications.
April 24, 2017 – 2017 DSH qualification results sent to providers.
May 12, 2017 – 2017 Final DSH payment calculation sent to providers.
June 2017 – 2017 Final DSH Payment
- 6/1/17- Pass 1 and 2 IGT notification
- 6/8/17 – Pass 1 and 2 IGT settlement date
- 6/16/17 – Pass 3 IGT notification
- 6/20/17- Pass 3 IGT settlement date
- 6/30/17 (at the latest) – All 2017 DSH providers paid
July 7, 2017 – UC Category 4 and Learning Collaborative certifications due to HHSC for all non-DSRIP providers who are participating in UC.
July 17, 2017 – Deadline to submit new affiliation agreements for DY 6 final UC payment.
July 26, 2017 – Final DY 6 UC payment calculation sent to providers.
August 14, 2017 – IGT commitment amounts for UC payment sent to providers.
August 21, 2017 – IGT commitment amounts due to HHSC.
September 2017 – Final DY 6 UC Payment
- 8/25/17 – UC IGT notification
- 9/8/17 – UC IGT settlement date
- 9/30/17 (at the latest) – All DY 6 UC providers paid
Adherence to these dates is important in order for HHSC to make payments in accordance with the payment schedule agreed upon with stakeholders.
Please be aware that you will receive correspondence from HHSC on or around the dates listed in the timeline. If you have any questions, please contact the UC tools mailbox at email@example.com.