Mission: THOT member health systems promote the good health of Texas communities, teach the next generation of health professionals, provide quality healthcare to all, and support healthcare for the vulnerable. THOT supports our members and advocates for resources and policies that align with our members’ community commitments.
THOT members’ shared commitments include:
- Supporting access to care for all in our communities, with a special focus on vulnerable populations
- Providing and coordinating essential community health services, such as trauma and disaster management;
- Preparing for the future by training tomorrow’s healthcare providers and supporting health research and healthcare transformation.
THOT & Member Values
- We are committed to the people and the communities served by our members: to their health and to best use of resources entrusted to us. We are engaged in indigent care, Medicaid; and system reform policy and financing.
- As health systems, we provide healthcare in communities – mostly through preventive, primary and specialty care clinics in our communities. We are committed to efficiently improving the community’s health.
- We invest in Texas’ healthy future by training physicians in our hospitals; and through clinical and health system research and transformation. We fund and support graduate medical education. We are engaged in innovation and system transformation through active involvement in the Texas waiver and seek to share best practices and collaborative learning.
- We are strongest when we collaborate and share our lessons and perspectives– within our membership; within our communities; and with our stakeholders and partners. We seek to capitalize on the knowledge, skills and diversity of our partners to create solutions.
- We seek to make data and research a cornerstone of our advocacy efforts and decision-making and to proactively and creatively advocate for and address member needs.
- Assess, prioritize, and meet the needs of THOT members related to our mission.
- Maximize member performance through advocacy and public policy and financial research and development.
- Enhance relationships with professional organizations, agency leaders, elected officials and other key partners and stakeholders.
- Increase the value we provide to our members and the health of our communities.